Bulk milk transportation started in 1931 with the introduction of the 4-wheeled milk tanker. These wagons were built by the SR for United Dairies, but these vehicles rode very poorly and had to be speed restricted. To overcome these deficiencies the 6 wheel milk tanker was developed for United Dairies and Express Dairy.
These wagons proved very successful and over 630 6-wheeled milk tankers were built between 1932 and 1948 and used nationally. Eventually, most of the bulk milk transportation was moved over to road tankers and by the 1980’s these rail vehicles had become redundant.
Several examples of these milk tankers survive into preservation.
These model 6 wheel milk tankers are highly detailed and will be a great addition to your rolling stock.
- Metal sprung buffers
- Many separately added fine details
- Finely moulded body shell and chassis
- Metal sprung coupling hook and metal screw coupling
- Profiled wheels and axels with brass bearing pockets
Dapol O 7F-031-008 6 Wheel milk Tanker
- Brand: Dapol
- Product Code: Dapol O 7F-031-008 6 Wheel milk Tanker
- Availability: In Stock